Healthcare Case Study
Case Study – Medical Malpractice Report
In this assignment you will examine the legal and ethical implications of medical malpractice. Read the case study on John Parker on pages 245-247 in Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law and Ethics. Write a 4-5 page report to the chief executive officer for Littleville Family Health Plan, a managed care organization (MCO), to assist them in gaining a better understanding of what occurred and the legal implications for the organization.
Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
· Description of what occurred, who was affected, and why
· Assess the case from the following perspectives:
· Ethical – identify the ethical principles involved in this situation from the perspective of the patient (John Parker), physician (Dr. Green), and the organization (Littleville Family Health Plan).
· Legal – what are the legal implications and what laws or statutes were involved?
· Provide two recommendations for how to manage this case from the perspective of the healthcare organization. What could have been done to prevent this situation?
· Recommend next steps to manage this case by the MCO.
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
· Be 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
· Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
· Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four (4) scholarly articles. Two (2) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two (2) must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
· Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.