Choose one of the following scenarios:
- Scenario 1: Budgetary concerns are an issue across all industries, including health care. A health care organization notices increasing costs in staffing and overhead, such as capital and supplies. The health care organization must determine how to reduce costs while not compromising patient care and safety.
- Scenario 2: A group of nursing home administrators, which includes an infection control officer, has noticed increasing rates of infection at the nursing home. Infection rates must be kept as low as possible. High infection rates can result in serious complications for patients. A nursing home that continues to have high infection rates is at risk for fines. The nursing home administrators are meeting to discuss possible ways to reduce infection at their facility.
Write a 525- to 700-word paper that explains decision making in the workplace. Remember that you are not making the decision for these scenarios.
Include the following in your paper:
- Explain two decision-making approaches managers can use to make the decision for the scenario you selected.
- Explain why this decision is better made by a group rather than by an individual.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the group decision-making process for this scenario.
Include at least two references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.