Applied Final Project
For this assignment, write a paper that involves either extensive interviews with a person with a disability or an application of the principles of this course to at least two current events involving disability and/or people with disabilities. In this paper, you will integrate information from readings and what they learn from the interviews or additional readings. The paper will synthesize academic material with the experiences of a person(s) with a disability. A brief proposal for final project that provides the subject to be discussed, or the person to be interviewed or the books to be utilized and including some the references that will be cited in-text (see attached labeled “Proposal for Applied Final Project“);
Comments and feedback about the Proposal: “Be sure to this is a good proposal and a good title. The references will support your paper very well but you should also to add some of the modules we discussed in class that are relevant to the title. Ex. social model of disability, UD, and ADA, etc.”
Please let me know if you need additional information from the course work to help address the professor’s comments.
Format Requirements for Applied Final Project:
- Font = 12 point; Arial or Times New Roman. Line spacing 2.0. If you do not adhere to this format, points will be deducted.
- The paper will be 8 – 10 pages in length not including the abstract or references.
- Please use in-text citations in American Psychological Association (APA) style, as shown in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- List all documents used in a bibliography at the end of your paper, and follow bibliographic formatting as shown in the APA style guide mentioned above.
- Be sure to use appropriate language; do NOT use colloquial language; this is an official written assignment.
- Grammar and spelling are important to this assignment.