Check newspapers, Web sites, trade journals, and other sources of news or recent information for one or more topical mentions of electronic document management or record management in relation to one of, but not limited to, the following areas (This is not an exhaustive list.)
- Personal electronic medical records
- Records of national historical purpose such as email records from the White house
- Company email records used in a lawsuit
- Switching to medical records at hospitals
- How the government (Medicare, Medicaid) uses electronic medical records
- How pharmaceutical companies use electronic records
- Electronic filing of tax returns at the IRS
- Use of electronic signatures in real estate transactions
- Electronic distribution of school transcripts
- Electronic records management in doctors’ offices
- Electronic document management systems in the court system
- When and how health care providers will have to inform patients of a security breach
- Electronic record management in the financial industry
Select one issue (or challenge) of electronic records management we have covered in class in relation to the area you are interested in and write a no shorter than 1-page essay (single spacing, 12-point font size) that summarizes your findings (in your own words) and present your own position on the issue. Please locate and cite at least five sources to build your own position on the issue.
Note: Bibliography format: APA .
Your assignment will be graded according to the following rubric:
- Quality of information: Cited more than five diverse and relevant sources including newspapers and trade journals. Information relates clearly to the main topic.
- Critical Analysis and Understanding of Subject matter (Readings, Slides and other materials): Display an excellent understanding of the required readings and underlying concepts including correct use of terminology. Integrate an outside resource, or relevant research, or specific real-life application (work experience, prior coursework, etc.) to support important points. Well-edited quotes are cited edited quotes are cited appropriately.
- Organization: information is very organized with well-constructed paragraphs, use of subheadings, and citation of facts.
- Grammar and Spelling: error free