PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
IN APA FORMAT
450 WORDS OR MORE
What are some examples of organs that compose each of the tissue types?
A mother brings her five year old daughter to the doctor for her annual physical exam. The doctor notes on visual examination that the young girl is unusually tall, has long limbs and arachnodactyly (spider fingers). Upon physical examination, the doctor notes that the girl has Pectus excavatum (caved-in chest cavity) , crowded teeth, hypermobile joints, and a heart defect. The doctor diagnosis the young girl with Marfan Syndrome.
- How do epithelial, connective, muscle, and nervous tissues contribute to the function of the human body?
- What are the unique characteristics and functions of each tissue type?
Margie decided to have genetic testing performed due to a family history of Alzheimer’s disease. Both her mother and grandmother were affected by this devastating degenerative disorder that affects the central nervous system. It was determined that Margie does carry an autosomal dominant mutation in the PSEN 1 (Presenilin 1) gene.
- What is Marfan Syndrome?
- What is the protein defect?
- How does dysfunction of this protein affect connective tissue?
- What does this case study tell you about the importance of connective tissue function in the human body?
- What are the symptoms of this disease?
- Describe the brain pathology of a patient who had Alzheimer’s disease.
- How is Alzheimer’s disease diagnosed and treated?
- If you discovered that you also carried an autosomal dominant mutation in the PSEN 1 gene like Margie, what would your reaction be? What would your next steps be?