With regard to that statement do the following.
- Write a position paper that addresses whether or not patients and families have a right to insist on receiving medical treatment that medical authorities agree is futile.
- Provide evidence from a minimum of four references to support your position.
- Provide a concise and thoughtful response to the question which considers, at a minimum, the following elements.
- Government’s role and legislative substantiation.
- Outcomes, both negative and positive.
- Economic implications.
- Quality of life issues.
- Benefits to society.