As we discussed in lab today you will need to turn in a proposal to me via email that includes:
*what question about seed germination or growth you would like to examine.
– think about the different variables needed for plants to grow/germinate and how you can manipulate them.
– I would do a little research on the seed(s) ( see below for options) you want to use for your experiment to make sure you can answer your question in the allotted time frame
– putting one seed in darkness and one in light is too simple of a project and will be rejected.
* Hypothesis- what results do you expect?
* Protocol- how you plan to conduct your experiment
– be as specific as possible
– remember you need to do this experiment in triplicate. For example, if you are looking at pinto beans, you need to have 3 pinto beans sprout/grow. If you are using multiple seeds to do a comparison than you will need to germinate/grow three of each seed.
*Supplies available to you:
-Parafilm- seals out air
– Pinto bean seeds
– French marigold seeds