Since it is very likely that you have not had the opportunity to research and select a system, or to address the considerations for implementing a system, this discussion is designed to allow you to practice the things you will need to do for your Stage 4 assignment. For this discussion, we will use the description of the ChiroTouch chiropractic EMR software at the websites http://www.softwareadvice.com/medical/chirotouch-profile/ and http://www.chirotouch.com/ and we will assume it is being implemented in a chiropractic practice.
Review the Stage 4 assignment, focusing on the “Implementation Considerations” section:
Implementation Strategy – Will the system be implemented on premise or as a cloud-based service? Explain your recommendation for the chiropractic practice.
- Vendor agreement
- What does the chiropractic practice need to do to be able to start using the system?
- How much will it cost to use the system?
- Hardware and telecommunications
- What hardware will the chiropractic practice need to have in order to implement and use the solution?
- What kind of telecommunications will be needed for the solution, including local connectivity inside the practice and Internet access?