Analyze your volunteer experience by writing a 1,000-1,250 word reflection focused on your volunteer experience. Examine how volunteering enabled you to practice the principles of servant leadership. Reference and address the following in the paper.
- Summarize your servant leadership volunteer opportunity by sharing the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the experience.
- Which of Greenleaf’s principles of servant leadership did you implement and learn the most about through completing the servant leadership experience? Provide examples in your discussion.
- Both Greenleaf and the biblical passages referenced in the various Topic Materials focus on the idea that power comes from giving it away and that taking the role of a servant can make one a leader. Discuss whether or not your servant leadership volunteer opportunity helped you to find yourself as a leader in this way. Provide supporting examples.
- Use examples from your servant leadership volunteer opportunity to discuss the idea that serving others as a leader might influence change or produce a positive impact for the greater good.
- Think about your personal leadership skills and style and discuss what your learned about yourself as a servant leader from completing the volunteer opportunity.
- Looking forward, how will you use what you have learned about the principles of servant leadership in your workplace, organizations with which you are involved, and in your personal life?