Develop a professional product to improve care or the patient experience related to the identified health problem with a 2-4 page summary of intervention findings, evidence, and best-practice basis for the professional product.
Complete this assessment third.
For this assessment, you will develop a professional product to address the health problem defined in your first assessment to improve care and the patient experience. Appropriate examples include a teaching plan to help colleagues and interprofessional team achieve improvements or a handout to help the elderly and their families understand their Medicare and Medicaid options. The product must be useful in a practice setting, relevant to your project, and designed to improve some aspect of care or the patient experience.
A brief summary of the findings of your intervention and evidence-based support for your professional product should accompany your product.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Lead people and processes to improve patient, systems, and population outcomes.
- Explain the ways in which leadership of people and processes was utilized while designing an intervention and its implementation.
- Competency 2: Make clinical and operational decisions based upon the best available evidence.
- Justify decisions related to developing a professional product with relevant research, evidence, and best practices.
- Competency 3: Transform processes to improve quality, enhance patient safety, and reduce the cost of care.
- Demonstrate process improvements in the quality, safety, or cost of care resulting from an intervention and related professional product.
- Competency 7: Implement patient-centered care to improve quality of care and the patient experience.
- Demonstrate improvements in the quality of care and patient experience resulting from an intervention and related professional product.
- Competency 8: Integrate professional standards and values into practice.
- Communicate professionally in clear, logically organized writing, using correct grammar, spelling, and APA style.