PROMPT 1 – Ms. Rand is a 65-year-old woman who spends most of her day sitting on her porch and recovering from a recent surgery involving the removal of suspected cancerous lymph glands in the inguinal area. She is now complaining that her shoes are fitting too tightly, and she has developed poorly healing sores on her legs and ankles. A closer examination also shows distention in her varicose veins. Blood tests reveal a low level of proteins in the plasma.
Based on the patient history and the signs and symptoms, identify the fluid imbalance the patient is experiencing, and state the rationale for your answer.
Discuss the four general causes of edema and how they apply in the case of this patient.
Discuss the swelling, sores, varicose vein distention, and other effects that edema can have on a patient.
- This assignment must be in APA format: Times Roman 12 font, double spaced, and include title and reference page.
- The assignment must be in paragraph form using complete sentences and avoiding bullet points and numbered list.
- Use a Level 1 heading to separate your sections (Page 62 of the APA Publication Manual).
- Title and reference pages do not count toward the total word or page count.
- At least two outside sources must be referenced and cited in the paper (resources must be peer reviewed from within the last 5 years)
- Minimum of 400 words per case study
- LINK TO TEXTBOOK: https://ia600208.us.archive.org/24/items/Pathophsy…