Week 5 lecture and discussion questions
- Chapter_025 CHN.pptx (902.033 KB)
Communicable Disease and Infectious Disease.
According to the World Health Orgnization, an emerging infectious disease (EID) is an infectious disease that has appeared in a population for the first time, or that may have existed previously but is rapidly increasing in incidence or geographic range (WHO). Outbreaks are the occurrence of disease cases in excess of what would normally be expected for a community, geographical area or season (WHO). Examples of recent outbreaks affecting public health in United States include Group A Streptococcus, Pertussis, Zika, Mumps, and Measles.
Read chapter 25 of the class textbook and review the attached PowerPoint presentation. Once done answer the following questions;
- Discuss the principles related to the occurrence and transmission of communicable and infectious diseases.
- Describe the three focus areas in Healthy People 2020 and the objectives that apply to communicable and infectious diseases.
- Identify and discuss nursing activities for the control of infectious diseases at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of prevention.
- Identify and discuss a communicable and/or infectious disease that it was believed to be eradicated and have reemerged now. For example; measles.
As stated in the syllabus present your assignment in an APA format word document, Arial 12 font attached to the forum in the discussion tab of the blackboard titled “Week 5 discussion questions”. A minimum of 2 evidence-based references besides the class textbook must be used