Policies are constantly reviewed and considered to help improve the federal, state, or local health care systems. Each one has the potential to affect each of us on a daily basis, so careful consideration must be given when policies are proposed. It is important to understand the process of how a topic eventually becomes a policy.
Using your approved topic from Week Two, write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on the complete process of how your chosen topic becomes a policy. In your paper, include the following information:
- State the objective of the policy.
- Define the formulation stage.
- Explain the process to formulate your policy and the involvement of stakeholders.
- Define the legislative stage.
- Explain the legislative body’s approval process needed to gain support (i.e., funding) for the policy and how stakeholders influence legislators’ decisions.
- Define the implementation stage.
- Identify the accountable parties and their roles in the various implementation stages of your policy.
Cite a minimum of 5 references.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.