For this unit, analyze GE’s corporate strategy. GE is moving away from some of its financial services emphasis and strongly into the healthcare field. Focus on GE’s healthcare strategy. Begin your paper with a one or two paragraph background about GE so that anyone picking up the paper would learn something about who the organization is and how they are involved in the healthcare field.
· Level of diversification: A firm like GE should have a moderate-to-high level of diversification. What are GE’s areas of diversification? Evaluate the potential strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the diversification approach.
· International operations: Look at GE’s operations in many countries. Who are their competitors? Evaluate the similarities and differences of GE’s strategy compared to their competitors.
· Recent events: Look for GE’s engagement in two or more acquisitions or mergers, about which you can collect information. Discuss the corporate strategy and evaluate how it has benefited GE’s acquisition growth and product line.
· Alliance or joint venture: Select two or more alliances or joint ventures as a meaningful part of one or more of its business units’ business-level strategy. Evaluate the strategy and how well it has worked. Analyze some of the issues encountered. Assess whether the business-level strategy fits their diversification core.
· Based on your research, write succinct discussions of each of these items.
· Present your work as a 4 page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
The U.S. created Medicaid, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people in obtaining healthcare services. In this week, explore Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Answer the following questions:
· Explain the legislation that introduced Medicaid. Your explanation should include a description of the funding sources for the program.
· Describe some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception.
· Explain the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid and identify how many people in the U.S. are covered by Medicaid.
· Describe the changes that will occur in Medicaid with the ACA.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. (2015). CMS program history. Retrieved
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. (2015). Affordable Care Act. Retrieved
· Your assignment should be addressed in a 2-page document.
· As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format