Working in the health care industry often puts health care professionals in the line of danger from ill patients, stressed families, overburdened health care facilities, and the many situations and locations in which each individual works. The Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CIS) Management Tool has been designed to decrease the stress levels of those that experienced or witnessed violence or trauma. You will read the article “Workplace violence: Differences in perceptions of nursing work between those exposed and those not exposed: A cross-sector analysis” to complete your assignment.
Write a 1,250-1,500-word paper describing the CIS. Be sure to specifically address:
- What are the physical, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral reactions to stress?
- Can you name at least three professions that are at risk and would have utilized the tool?
- What is the purpose of using the tool?
- What is the expected outcome from utilizing this stress management tool?
- Do you believe the tool to be useful in decreasing stress and coping with violence in the workplace? Why or why not?
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located on the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.