– Research/develop/write a grant to fund an an activity or healthcare research effort on the topic HEALTH INFORMATION SYSTEMS/TECHNOLOGIES (i.e. the electronic health record, interfaces, data capture technologies)
SUBMISSION MUST CONTAIN ALL 3 PARTS: PART I, II, III.
This three (3) part assignment is intended to walk a student throughout a typical grant writing process. At the conclusion of the assignment, you will develop an understanding of the grant writing process along with the actual hands-on experience.
Deliverables: Submit a final draft of your assignment. Your submission must include an APA-formatted cover and reference sheet. Submit one (1) single document .
Create a one (1) page Needs Statement that addresses the following:
- the reason for requesting funding
- the significant need for the grant with existing literature and research to support the assertion
- the goals or expected results
- who will be served by the grant
Part II: Locating Potential Funding Sources:
Conduct an internet search and list a minimum of ten (10) possible funding sources. Each grant has to be viable to your overall grant proposal and not solely related to the focus of the proposal. Your list must include the name of the grants, the funding source [name of the organization/association], along with the website address for each listed funding source.
Part III: Grant Proposal
Your three (3) page grant proposal will include the following:
- Title page
- 100-word summary of the project
- Outline the plan of action to implement the grant, describing the activities and a sequence of events. The description also included who on the staff of the organization would be involved; what kind of training, if necessary, would be for the staff; the anticipated outcomes; and the method of evaluating the success of the project
- Explanation on why should your organization receive the grant? What resources and competencies does it have to successfully use the grant? Will you be working with other organizations on this grant? What qualifications do individuals in the organization have to contribute?
- Describe your organizations budget
Use the template attached for this assignment