Examine the client populations needing long-term care, the projected growth, and the basic programmatic, administrative, regulatory, and financing dimensions of the major health services comprising the continuum of care.
Prepare a 3-4 page, double-spaced paper (cite 3-4 reliable sources) that addresses the following:
This activity is designed to provide you with insight regarding two additional types of continuum of care housing available in your local community. Contact and research one of each of the following types of facilities: 1) Assisted Living, and 2) Senior Housing. Address the following topics as they relate to each type of facility:
• Types of services, residents served, and staff (licensed and unlicensed).
• Types of regulations that govern this facility regarding care and quality of care, and who does the regulating.
• Detail some of the ethical issues for this type of facility.
• Sources of financing for this facility and average cost per month.
• Identify where this type of facility fits into the continuum of care.
Conclude with the following:
• State any insights gained through this experience.
• Were there any surprises?
• Was much available in your community?
• If not, how could this affect the families and loved ones needing continuum of care?
• Recap a comparison of the clients served in the 5 different types of housing from LP2 Assignment and LP3.1 Assignment for nursing facilities, subacute care, home health care, assisted living, and senior housing. How might the needs of the clients create an overlap of services or transition from one type of facility to another?