A 150+ word primary research based post, in which you compare and contrast the scientfic, philosophical and religious approaches to understanding the world. What kinds of questions do these apporaches ask and what kinds of methods do they use to address their questions? Explain how the scientific method can be used to answer a question or solve a problem. Cite the independent research sources that you use (i.e. beyond the course text).
Your primary research based post should include all the following:
- Three characteristics of a scientific approach to the world.
- Clearly distinguish the scientific approach to understanding the world from that of religion and philosophy.
- A real-life example of how the scientific method was or could be applied to solve a problem or answer a question
- A real-life scenario that cannot be tested scientifically
- References to at least two authoritative sources of science information that are not included in the Resource Section. Avoid about.com, buzzle.com, ask.com, dictionaries, encyclopedias, commercially or religiously inspired websites when referencing scientific information.
In two or more paragraphs, distinguish the nature of science from non-science and explain how the scientific method can be used to answer a question or solve a problem. Describe three characteristics of the scientific approach to the world. Describe a real-life example of how the scientific method was or could be applied to solve a problem or question. Describe a real-life situation or scenario that cannot be tested scientifically. Conduct independent research Use and cite in-text at least two separate scientifically authoritative research sources. Outlets such as online encyclopedias, dictionaries, Wikipedia, YahooAnswers, Ask.com, and About.com are not appropriate sources. Cite your research sources in APA format.