A strategic plan is designed to be used for 3 to 5 years or more. For your individual Strategic Plan project, you will write a strategic plan using the following outline. You may choose a health care organization you would like to focus on or develop a new health care business. Choose something you are passionate about and may implement in the future. It is recommended that if you choose to work with an existing organization, you add a new program or project to your plan. Suggestions for appropriate new projects include a new program or service for an existing organization, a new product line for an existing business, a new joint venture or acquisition, a new health care payer model for a state, or a new health care business.
Select a health care organization on which you would like to focus. __The Mayo Clinic is the selected heath care organization chosen
Research your chosen organization’s governing structure.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word report. Your report should:
- Identify the organization’s mission, vision, and key values.
- Analyze the framework of a strategic plan.
- Describe the strategic planning model your chosen organization uses.
- Evaluate the relationship between the strategic plan and your organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Describe the organizational structure of your chosen organization.
- Identify the current key leaders in your chosen organization and describe their roles.
- Describe the change management model your chosen organization uses.
- Evaluate the impact of governance on implementation of strategic goals.
- Consider the role of the Board of Directors on formation of strategic goals.
- Analyze the organization’s major service delivery and support activities in its value chain. At a minimum, include the following:
- Target market
- Programs and services
- Clinical operations
- Organizational culture
- Strategic resources
- Analyze how the organization uses its value chain to implement its strategic plan.